Our dogs offer a unique 'paws on' experience of fun, entertaining
emotionally beneficial person centred activities
purpose of our sessions is to bring joy, fun and a sense of wellbeing. To enhance quality of life through visual, physical,
tactile, emotional and social stimulation.
The activity sessions are interactive, fun and most of all uplifting
and joyous. Our dogs all have very individual characters and there is always the perfect match for a resident/student -
cheeky, naughty, gentle, funny...! The interaction with the dogs gives a feeling
of warm well-being - all in a non-judgmental, cold nose, warm heart, kind eyes, furry kind of way!
who attends a session will have an opportunity to work with least one of the dogs - if they wish to. Those that are not able
to be close to the dogs, for whatever reason, but would still like to come and see the session take place, are more than welcome
- they can enjoy watching the dogs work and will find the laughter and chatter infectious! One to one visits
with residents in their rooms is a common request for care homes - and not only are we happy to accommodate this, we have
also found the most wonderful moments can come from these visits.
to residents/pupils such as:-
* Increase in self
esteem through the unconditional love of
play and movement and participation in the session
* Increase nurturing and provide joy
* Lifts moods and spirits
* Provide sensory stimulation
* Encourage memory stimulation
* Therapeutic touch through the dogs
social interaction for everyone
* Allow resident/pupil to make choices
* Provide expression of
affection without consequence - patting, hugging, kissing.
Benefits to home/school staff such as:-
* The dogs increase the willingness for residents to participate in activity sessions
* Research has shown that residents/pupils
are happier and more compliant after a visit from therapy dogs and staff workload has been shown to decrease as
residents/pupils are less demanding
Dog visits contribute to the 'home-like' feel and surroundings
* Sessions provide a positive shared experience for staff and residents/pupils to talk about before, during and after
* Staff enjoy our sessions just as much as the residents and
of our Insurance, Risk Assessment form, Enhanced DBS checks, Keeping or Training of Animals for Exhibition Licence* and dogs
vaccination cards, are all available upon request
is this you ask? Well, we come under the same rules as a circus...!
and yes, sometimes our home does feel like a circus big top!)
This website and its content is copyright of Nightingale Dogs - ©
Nightingale Dogs 2019.
All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction
of part of all of the content in any form is prohibited.